Sunday 22 May 2011

Thank You

Yesterday was a weird day for me - both sad (I attended a funeral) and stressful (I had to work some both before and after the funeral) - but I ended the day with a wonderful, sweet, sexy visit from Holly.  As I wrote oh so long ago on this blog, she ROCKS!  And so I wanted to say here publicly what I've already said to her privately - thanks, babe.  I love you.

I have a few free nights as my wife is out of town for a while.  Holly knew this, of course, and as her situation at home has calmed down a little, she felt like it was safe for her to get out for a bit and offered to come over and see me.  She was also aware of the sad and stressful circumstances of my day and so I think she wanted to kind of cheer me up.  That really meant a lot.  We had just met for lunch the previous day and that had been great, but far too short and too public a venue.

So, she came over last night and we sat outside on my deck (yes, THAT deck) under the stars and shared a couple of delicious specialty beers I'd picked out for us.  We chatted, we chilled, we kissed, we fucked, and, at times even shed a few tears together.  I know that she still feels very much "stuck" in terms of her marriage and I know how badly she wants to move forward and to know what the future holds.  I'd do anything in the world for her, but the one thing I can't give her is a promise about the future.  Life simply doesn't work that way.  So much has changed in each of our lives in the relatively short time we've known each other and the result has been, in large part, to muddy the water rather than clear it.  I love her like crazy and I know she feels the same about me.  For me, for now, that's enough - it sustains me and gives me hope.  I feel like I have something to potentially look forward to down the road.  I don't know how far it is down the road, but I'm in a place in my life and my marriage where I can take the time to wait it out a bit.  I don't think she's quite as optimistic about that though, given the recent changes in her marriage.

No matter what, I don't have any regrets about how our relationship has gone thus far and I love the fact that we can be totally open and honest with one another.  I'm trying to take it one day at a time and hope that she hangs in there with me :)

In any case, thanks again for last night, Holly - I can't imagine that I could have spent that time any better way than with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment